Privacy Notice for Customers and Training Participants
Lloyd McGill, the Training Provider, consultancy service provider, auditing organisation and/or their respective affiliates respect the privacy of all our customers and training participants, and are committed to safeguarding the personal information you provide to us. Please read this Privacy (“Policy“) to learn about how Lloyd McGill collects, uses and protects your personal information.
- Application of Policy
This Policy is based on the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012 and all the associated regulations and guidelines which may from time to time be issued by the Personal Data Protection Commission of Singapore.
This Policy applies to all data in any form about an individual who can be identified from that data which are in our possession or under our control for the purposes of and in connection with our contractual duties and provision of our services.
Under the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, business contact information (e.g. name, business address, business telephone number) is not considered as personal data so long as it is used strictly for business-to-business (B2B) transactions.
- Collection of Personal Data
Personal data are collected in relation to the provision of our training services, and this includes:
- Participant Full name
- Participant Email
- Participant Designation
You have choices regarding our collection, use or disclosure of your personal data. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and withdraw your consent in a manner described in clause 5 below.
We may collect, disclose or use your personal data pursuant to an exception under the Personal Data Protection Act or other written law such as during the following situations:
- To respond to an emergency that threatens your life, health and safety or of another individual; and
- Necessary in the national interest, for any investigation or proceedings.
In general, subject to the applicable exceptions permitted in the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act 2012, before we collect the above personal data from you, we will notify you of the purposes for which your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed, as well as obtain your consent for the collection, use and/or disclosure of your personal data for the intended purposes. If you choose not to provide us with the personal data described in this Policy, we may not be able to fulfil our contractual duties towards you or facilitate your request or provide the service to you.
- Use of Personal Data Collected
Any Personal Data provided by you to us may be used for the following purposes (where relevant):
- Process and respond to your requests and queries;
- Send you information, updates, invitations, marketing and advertising materials and information in relation to the training, consultancy or auditing services (or future editions thereof) or any other workshops/activities held by Lloyd McGill, its partners and/or their respective affiliates;
- Update our records;
- Process your personal particulars to facilitate any payment;
- Compile data and conduct statistical or demographic analysis;
- Solicit and record your opinion/feedback via surveys and requests for feedback (if you consent to participating);
- Comply with a court order, other legal processes or other legal requirements of any governmental authority (including detecting, investigating and preventing any crime, offence or breaches);
- Comply with our internal policies/procedures and any applicable laws, rules and regulations, codes of practice, guidelines and any other legal purposes; and
- Allow us to use your Personal Data in any other ways for which we have notified you and obtained your consent accordingly.
- Disclosure of Personal Data
All Personal Data held by us will be kept confidential, but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly-related purpose for which the Personal Data was collected as described in section 3 and 4 above, provide such information to the following parties:
- Any person or company who is acting for, jointly or on our behalf, in respect of the purpose or a directly-related purpose for which the Personal Data was provided;
- Any financial institutions, charge or credit card issuing companies, credit bureau, or collection agencies necessary to establish and support the payment of any services due or requested; and
- Any government authority in compliance with any applicable laws, rules and regulations, codes of practices, guidelines, court order, other legal processes or requirements.
- Withdrawal of Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. Should you wish to withdraw your consent, you may send us the appropriate withdrawal request by filling up the Consent Withdrawal Form below and sending the same to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected]. Please note that we can only process Consent Withdrawal Forms that are properly filled up and may need to contact you for clarification if such forms are deemed to be incomplete or unclear in any way. Please understand that your withdrawal of consent for purposes necessary to Lloyd McGill fulfilling our contractual duties towards you or facilitating your request or providing our services to you may carry consequences. We will review and inform you on the consequences of the withdrawal prior to processing your request.
- Access and Correction of Personal Data
If you wish to access, update or otherwise change or remove any information that you have provided to us, you may send us your request using the Access Request Form and Correction Form below and sending the same to our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
An administration fee may be charged for the handling and processing of your request to access your personal data. If so, we will inform you of the fee beforehand.
- Accuracy of Personal Data
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we collect about you is accurate, complete, not misleading and kept up-to-date, taking into account its intended use. Where possible, we will validate the Personal Data provided by you using generally accepted practices and guidelines.
- Protection of Personal Data
We employ appropriate administrative, physical, technical and organizational security measures to help protect your personal data against loss and to guard against unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification, regardless of the format in which it is held.
- Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data only for as long as the purposes for which such data is collected or used (as notified to you) continues, or where necessary, for our legal or business purposes. We will dispose of or destroy/delete documents containing your personal data in a secure manner when the retention limit described in our Retention and Destruction Policy is reached or as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the permitted purpose is no longer being served by their retention.
Any unsolicited personal data received by us will be returned to the sender immediately. If received by email or through our website, these unsolicited personal data will be deleted right away. If received by telephone, these will not be recorded.
- Changes to Policy
We reserve the right to modify or change this Policy at any time and will place such amendments on this website.
This Policy applies in conjunction with contractual clauses and consent clauses that apply in relation to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data by us. Your continued use of our services constitutes your acknowledgement and acceptance of this Policy and any such changes.
- Contact Us
If you have any questions or feedback regarding this Policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
If you have any complaint relating to how we manage your personal data, you may send it to us via the email address above using the Complaint Form below.
Forms for download
Complaint Action Form Download
Correction Request Form Download
Access Request Form Download
Consent Withdrawal Form Download