|Training Organisation Name:||Lloyd McGill Pte Ltd|
|Course Title:||Fundamentals of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA)|
|Date:||14th – 16th June 2023; 12th – 14th July 2023|
|Time:||9 am to 6 pm|
|Course Fee:||$700.00 (before GST. Funding available)|
For in-house training, kindly contact us for more information.
The Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) was passed by the Parliament to protect individual’s data from misuse and it came into full force by 2 July 2014. All organisations that handle personal information are required to comply with the Act. Each organisation, including sole proprietor, will have to designate at least one person as Data Protection Officer (DPO), to be responsible for developing and implementing personal data policies.
This 3-day course will equip the DPO or anyone whose responsibilities involved data protection with practical knowledge and skills in developing appropriate internal processes to achieve full compliance of PDPA. Such knowledge and skills are vital in implementing the essential processes to comply with the Act.
The course will provide students a good overview and understanding of the PDPA and how it may be applied to their organisation towards compliance. The training covers key legislative and regulatory requirements of PDPA, prepares students to assist their organisation to achieve compliance and alignment with PDPA, as well as engage with effective Personal Data risk reporting tools.
Who should attend?
This course is suitable for Compliance Manager or Data Protection Officers (DPOs) and Human Resource, Admin, IT Personnel, Sales and Business Development Executive/ Managers who need to be involved in data protection matters.
Price and Baseline Funding:
|Singapore Citizen / PRs||SMEs / Singapore Citizens more than 40 years|
|Full fee||$756.00 (inclusive of GST)|
|Training grant *||S$ 350||S$ 490|
|Amount after training grant||S$ 406||S$ $266|
* To be confirmed
Note: Employers of company sponsored employees must apply via the SkillsConnect system to obtain training grant for course fees and funding for absentee payroll. You must submit the Training Grant application within the period from 30 days before the course start date to 30 days after course start date.
Award / Certification / Accreditation
Participant who meet the 75% attendance and passed all the assessments required by the course will be awarded with Statement of Attainment from SkillsFuture Singapore (ICT-CGP-3020-1.1 Data Protection Management-3)
1. Course fee is exclusive of GST (Goods and Services Tax).
2. We will send you an invoice with the payment mode upon confirmation of your registration.
3. Payment must be made to Lloyd McGill before course commencement.
*SMEs are eligible for 90% subsidies for the course fee (before GST) by WDA (Only applies to Singaporean / PR participants). Non- SMEs are eligible 50% reimbursement from WDA. Registration and approval of a SkillConnect account with WDA is required to claim.
1. Lloyd McGill reserves the right to change the venue, cancel or re-schedule the class due to unforeseen circumstances.
2. In the event of cancellation by the participant, the following charges apply:
a. 2 weeks before commencement : 50% of course fee
b. 1 week before commencement : 100% of course fee
3. Replacement of participant is allowed if the written notice is given before 5 working days of the course commencement date.
Examination and Assessment, when applicable
1. Trainee is advised to be punctual on the day of training, examination and assessment. Late comers may be barred from taking the examination / assessment.
2. If trainee is found cheating, Lloyd McGill will reserve the rights to take necessary action including accessing them as “Not-Yet-Competent”.
3. If trainee fails the examination / assessment and wished to appeal, trainee has to submit appeal form and additional fees will be charged.
4. If trainee would like to re-assessment, an additional fee of will be charged.
Statement of Attainment (SOA)
1. SOA issuance is via SSG electronic certificate system only.
Trainee assessed as “Competent” will receive SMS/email notification.
2. For SOA, trainee is download and print using SingPass ID and password at www.skillsconnect.gov.sg about 3 weeks from assessment date.
Intellectual Property (IP)
1. The contents and material provided in as part of the course are the IP of Lloyd McGill and/or its partners, consultant, trainers and guest speakers. Applicant may not be disseminated or reproduced in any format.
Photography and Video Recording
1. Lloyd McGill may take photographs and video recording during the class for the use in marketing collaterals and other publicity purposes. Your presence in this training will be deemed as your concern to being photographed for our publicity.